Gastroenterology is a branch of internal medicine that treats diseases of the gastrointestinal tract consisting of the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and pancreas.
Gastroenterological examination is based on a conversation with the patient, thorough clinical examination, and usually ultrasound of the abdomen. Then, according to the agreement of physicians and the patient, additional tests can be done including colonoscopy, gastroscopy, and laboratory analysis. If necessary, additional radiological examination is also performed.
In our gastroenterology clinic you can perform the following tests:
- gastroscopy with or without anesthesia
- colonoscopy with or without anesthesia
- abdominal ultrasound
- Color Doppler of the abdomen
- Color Doppler of abdominal blood vessels
- Contrast ultrasound of the liver
- Liver elastography (non-invasive way to define level of liver deficiency)
- Quick test for Helicobacter pylori
- specialist examinations and follow-ups
We perform all medical examinations quickly, professionally and painlessly with the latest diagnostic and anesthetic equipment. We especially emphasize that we use the latest equipment available in Croatia for sterilization of instruments which meets the highest standards prescribed by the European endoscopic societies (ESGE and ESGENA).